Valach Motors VM-70 S1-4T
- Only 2.5 mm higher than the VM-60
- Swings big propellers with high efficiency in an reasonable RPM range
- Exceptionally pleasing sound caused by big Honda valves and clever valve timing
- Spontaneous throttle response and smooth mid-range transition
- Small frontal section with the valve train, carburetor and exhaust behind the cylinder
- Nickel-Silicon plated cylinder surfaces
- Completely enclosed valve train
- Only one camshaft
- Three crank bearings
- Valach microprocessor controlled ignition with auto advance and retard
- Ignition is designed for a 2s LiPo battery
- VM-Motors are designed using the latest tools and techniques
With the VM 70 the designer Zdenek Vlach has produced a ground-breaking engine. The engine is 1 kg lighter than other four-strokes in it`s class, because of only one camshaft, nickel-silicon cylinder lining and a CNC milled crankcase. Anyway it is a robust engine with M5 crankcase and cylinder base screws.
The carburettor is placed behind the engine, resulting in an very narrow engine which fits into nearly every cowling.
Being a four stroke with a large capacity produces a very realistic full-size aircraft sound. With a relatively small silencer the sound level is very low rather like a small saloon car.
The Valach VM-70 S1-4T is a four stroke OHV engine with two valves per cylinder, running on petrol/oil mixture. Valves and their seats are manufactured by Honda, ensuring a very high quality. The fully encapsulated valve train reduces sound as well as ensuring the rocker arms are well lubricated.
The Fiala propellers are very efficient, this being due to minimal blade thickness. They sound especially good on four stroke engines. Ideal Fiala two blade propeller sizes for the VM 70: 24x14", 26x10" and 26x12".
The fuel consumption is approximately 50% compared to that of a two-stroke engine with the same displacement. A 300cc fuel tank lasts for about 15-20 minutes of flying time.
The VM 70S1-4T is also available with a starter. With the current version of the VM 70S1-4T the starter can be retrofitted anytime.
VM 60/70 S1-4T in our 2.70m Tiger Moth
Valach Motors VM 70 S1-4T with starter
- Capacity: 70 cc
- Bore: 47 mm
- Stroke: 40 mm
- RPM range: 1000-6200 1/min
- Hight from crankshaft CL: 157.5 mm
- Length from engine mount to prop hub: 174 mm
- Engine weight including prop bolts and carb intake trumpet: 2300 g
- including ignition: 2420 g
- Ignition voltage range: 4.8 - 9 V
- Fiala Prop 2-blade: 24x14", 26x10", 26x12"
- Fiala Prop 3-blade: 22x12", 24x10"