Titan ZG 38 SC
- CD Magneto ignition. M-shaped coil core making for easy hand starts and with automatic ignition advance.
- Three piece double counter weight crankshaft with big and small ends of the conrod fitted with caged roller bearings.
- Very thin fins for super efficient cooling.
- Pegged rings to allow maximum size of transfer passages, exhaust and inlet porting.
- The new and larger carburettor for more power and with integral choke for easier starting.
The ZG 38SC is very noteworthy for its clean die casting and neat appearance, its reliability and power to turn large propellers with ease. The rearward exhaust porting is very useful in that it allows close fitting cowls.
The very powerful ignition coil is fitted with a M-shaped core which means that by each turn of the flywheel the coil is charged twice, giving a very strong spark at even very low revs. There is also an automatic ignition timing advance, this coil makes for absolute ease of starting and very smoth idle.
The ZG 38SC is happiest with large propellers. The Menz S 22x8" for large slow flying models and the 20x8", 20x9" and 20x10" for models such as our Piper. For aerobatic models the Menz S 19x10" is especially suitable.
For maximum performance, especially with aerobatic models, we recommend the 20x10", 20x11" or 20x12" Super Silence 2-blade CF propellers. You should use the 19x11" or 20x10" Super Silence 3-blade CF-propeller if your model has to be as quiet as possible.
To summarize the Titan ZG 38 is a very reliable and powerful engine and above all reasonably price. Although it is practically maintenance free it has a very long life.
- Capacity: 38 cc
- Bore: 38 mm
- Stroke: 33 mm
- Power: 2,6 hp
- with tuned pipe: 3,2 hp
- Weight: 1800 g (without silencer and engine mount)